Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Crowdfunding

Muir Woods 09/06/2007


I just started my first attempt at this thing called crowdfunding today, if you are not familiar with it, it is when you put your idea/project/business up on a crowdfunding site, and people can invest in micro installments to reach your goal. Like the redwoods you see in the picture, it is based on the fact that we are not alone in the world, we are all here together, and the well being of each one of us is a benefit to us all.

It was at my leadership training course that this value was really instilled in me, the fact that we are all connected. Redwoods are extremely tall (that's an understatement) but the roots actually aren't very deep. They manage to stand tall because of the way their roots spread and intertwine to keep themselves and every other tree standing. I'm not a redwood but I'm definitely a redhead and this is an experiment to see if I can get the support that I need to do good. 

So it is in this way, that small donations from a lot of people, can lead to big things.

My first campaign is to fund the redesign of a site that has no funding otherwise, you can see the campaign HERE. Please check it out and let me know what kind of big idea you would like to see get funded in this way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment